1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 MLB postseason running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

MLB announced today that Game 2 of the Tigers-A's series, in Detroit, starts at 9 a.m. Pacific time Sunday. 49ers play at 1 p.m. and Giants are at 6:30 p.m.

If I were still drinking regularly while watching sporting events, that would be one ugly Sunday night.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Verducci fills out an entire ballot -- he says he has an official ballot but doesn't say in what category -- and he gives Cabrera the MVP. Also predicts that Cabrera wins "by a decent margin."

Of very much interest, Verducci picks Harper for NL ROY but predicts Wade Miley to win. NATS PANIC NATS PANIC NATS PANIC

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tom_verducci/10/02/awards-ballot-mvp-cy-young-rookie-of-the-year-manager/index.html

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Well, those guys are on strike. Maybe one of them can catch flyballs like Josh Hamilton.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It's in Detroit, right? So that's noon ET.

I suspect it's one of those deals where they want to spread multiple games out to avoid a TV overlap.

But, with that many games, a league can't worry about another league's schedule. Those who want to watch will. And those who don't won't.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    You called?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Really? You suspect start times are related to television coverage?

I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

C'mon Braves.

End the Cardinals before they get started.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wow. Cards fans everywhere should be incensed. Ross hits strike four out for a 2-0 lead.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They might just have. Two runs already. Medlen has given up more than two runs once in 12 starts.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is this an actual postseason sellout in the ATL?

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Donovan Solano ain't walkin' thru that door.

(Solano hit two homers in the only game where Medlen allowed more than two runs — he allowed three).

12. dieditor

dieditor Member

Yep. If the pitcher is already in his windup, you shouldn't get the fucking timeout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.