1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Time Mag 100 Most Influential

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This has become an extended version of People Magazine's 25 Most Fascinating People or whatever it's called that it does at the end of the year.

Fascinating can be easily debated.

How the hell is Amy Poehler influential?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd party with Amy Poehler.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Heard Joe Scarborough was on the list; decided list was useless.

4. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Then I guess you'd be under the influence.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Fantastic.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Unless Michele Bachmann wants to come to my party as a piñata, she can keep the hell out of my neighborhood,with the other brown shirted, jack boot wearing thugs.

It's times like this I miss Fenian B

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucking delusional idiocy emblematic of the MSM's celebrity-infatuation with sports and entertainment as fundamentally influential forces in society. They're not.

I love Patti Smith, but she isn't one of the 10,000 most influential people in the world.

Kim Clijsters is a good tennis player, but she isn't one of the 100,000 most influential people in the world.

Perfectly representative of a society which sits slack-jawed on the couch every night masturbating to "Dancing With The Stars."

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Lawn had a bad week, Starman?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You all realize this is another "annual" thing Time does - reads more like a cocktail party invite list (which it is in a way - there is a "gala" for the honorees) - and they couldn't just have the same people as last year.
    I don't mind news orgs pimping out their content to woo advertisers (yes - they'll be invited to the party as well) - I just wish they were a little less obvious. It reads like a high school year book - the pages for people to sign.
    Sports Illustrated does the same thing with a Super Bowl mixer inviting advertisers to mingle with their writers, players they cover and of course, a bunch of swimsuit models.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

As opposed to you sitting in the corner of your basement weeping about the unwashed masses who aren't as educated and involved in daily life-or-death decisions as you. FFS, it's a list in a magazine.

11. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Who wants hair plugs at their party? he would pass out by the fish tank in five minutes.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Most of our society's ills are due to the fact that the huge huge majority of people are really fucking stupid.

Draft saved Draft deleted