1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Rugby World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Sep 9, 2011.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

9-8 final. Now the French will get blasted by whoever wins Australia-NZ. The red card will be the talking point, probably for the next 25 years.

2. You STILL want to bet against them after they dismantled Australia? Even without Carter, they are the class of the world.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

13 minutes to go in the final, and New Zealand are looking like they're trying to find a way to gag this away. They lead 8-7, but it's been all France since early in the second half, when NZ made it 8-0.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I almost posted the exact same thing while watching last night. The Kiwis looked like they were going to choke big time. Their captain seemed more relieved at the win rather than joyous.

I still think French Rugby is very chippy but they are also very physical as well. Not the best played game but entertaining.

I also enjoyed the Aussie vs Wales game, lots of handling errors but an entertaining game.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

It's on NBC right now, if anybody is interested in watching again.

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I had very little idea what was going on, but rugby is AWESOME!

Draft saved Draft deleted