1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Hey, I was just throwing it out there. No way I believe he's coming back Monday. Just an interesting coincidence.

I really think it's Jericho.

Would laugh if it was someone like Batista though. Who is someone nobody has discussed yet.

Whoever it is, it's fun to throw names out there and it's awesome because no one really knows just who it will be until Monday.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Jericho tweet from last night:

"Lesnar took a dive ..."

Likely trying to steer the 1/2/2012 hype toward Lesnar.

3. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

I'd be truly shocked if it were Lesnar. It's probably one of the McMahons or Jericho.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One name to throw out there: Goldberg.

He did say in some interview a while back that he'd be open to a brief return.

I think it's more likely Jericho though. He's always had those creative countdowns.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I was telling my wife today that I hope it's someone completely disappointing. Someone no one gives a crap about, at all.

Michael Cole: "Oh my god. The countdown! The countdown clock is nearing zero!"
    King: "Cole, I don't know about you but these weird previews have scared me. I have no idea who's going to walk through that curtain".
    5 ... 4... 3... 2... 1...
    [Lights go out, crowd waits excited to see who it is]
    King: "Oh goodness. Is that? Can it be?"
    Cole: He's here! It's ... it's ... the return of ... DAVID HART SMITH!"
    King: "Man. That was a big waste of time".

Other acceptable wrestlers in this scenario include The Boogeyman, Kaval, Michael McGillicutty (sp*), Hunico, Eugene and Savio Vega.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No way it's Lesnar. If it is, UFC is finished.
    The 1-2-12 promos have been running for, what, a month now? That means if it's Lesnar, and this has been in the works for that long, that he did indeed take a dive on Friday night. Even if Lesnar planned to return and do the WWE thing between UFC fights, that spectre is there and UFC's credibility as a legitimate sport is shot.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

According to the Wrestling Observer, they're almost convinced it has to be Jericho, with a small chance of it being Undertaker, because no one else has been rumored or is in the proper shape to do it. Re: Goldberg, apparently he's open to coming back, but wants a big sack of money to do it, like when he came back a few years ago and the salaries were all inflated. And there (allegedly) hasn't been any talk at all between the WWE and Batista, so that would be a huge surprise to the insiders.

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Man, when I interviewed Goldberg a year and a half ago or so, he had some major hate for Vince McMahon. He might have changed his tune some, but I can't imagine him coming back soon. However, it'd be awesome to see him and Lesnar brought in for the Rumble, both eliminated somehow, and then they both come out the next night to challenge the Undertaker to try to end the streak. A triple threat with those three could be pretty awesome.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The history between Goldberg and Lesnar isn't that great though either. With the names involved, the two probably had one of the worst Mania matches of all-time, since it was widely known that both were done with the WWE and just there for one last payday / contract date.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I'd be hoping they all worked stiff because they don't like each other. Don't Undertaker and Lesnar have issues, too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.