1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

My guess is The Miz wins The Rumble. Or maybe Orton.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Not sure how I'd feel about them letting a heel win it two years in a row.

Then again, weirder things have happened.

3. podunk press

My theory: Despite his Tweets to the contrary, Y2J comes back and The Miz winds up getting involved in that whole feud.

Orton sure could use it, though, otherwise he might get lost in all the Cena-Punk-Undertaker hype.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Can't believe that Laurinatis is really going to wrestle tonight

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, er, nope, we didn't see the return of Johnny Ace. This sets things up pretty interestingly next week, though. Maybe Ziggler wins the belt with help from Jericho?

Entertaining Raw until the final segment. They could have cut Kane's speech short by a couple of minutes and gotten the same effect. I felt like I was watching Return of the Jedi with Kane acting like the Emperor and Cena acting like Luke. Kane is trying to get Cena to join the Dark Side.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was a fun little swerve with Ziggler winning that match, though. Not often you see a gauntlet match end with the second opponent. It's like ending a best two out of three falls match in the second fall.
    The fact that Punk and Ziggler ought to put on a hell of a match next week is a bonus -- until it's interrupted by whatever the 1/2/12 reveal is.

7. podunk press

I just hope Trips and Vince have a little patience with Punk, Ziggler, Bryan, etc. These guys are fantastic WRESTLERS.

8. I can't see Punk dropping the title on a Raw even with the help of whoever returns. Personally, I'll be surprised if Punk doesn't hold the strap until Wrestlemania and possibly beyond. It's been a while since someone has had an extended run with it. And with as hot as Punk is, a match at Mania with Jericho for the title would be absolutely huge, probably bigger than Rock-Cena among the wrestling smarts.

9. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Thing is, FBScribe, Cena-Rock has been penciled in as a WWE title match since, well, Cena said six months ago that he would have the strap at that point ... Or did I delusion all that?

rb

10. I was not aware of that. Doesn't seem to make much sense unless Rocky is coming back for good. I'd love that since he's my favorite wrestler of all time but I strongly doubt it.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Daniel Bryan also said he was cashing in at Wrestlemania. I bet they just gloss over Cena's vow to have the title.

Loved the Kane segment last night. Had a feeling that's where they were going to go with it after he ripped off Cena's shirt last week. And it's good they did this in an anti-Cena town like Chicago so they got the "Cena Sucks" reaction they wanted. A well-executed plan.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I think that was just a bit of bluster to build up the match. It wouldn't make an awful lot of sense to stick a title on the Rock-Cena match because it removes a featured match from the card.

I'm guessing the 1.2.12 reveal will take place during the Punk-Ziggler match, and they'll have the match proper at Royal Rumble. I'm starting to think this might be Vince and Stephanie. This sets up a feud with Triple H for the future of WWE, with a WM match featuring Triple H against a McMahon representative (Barrett? Henry? Brodus?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.