1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Preakness Stakes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, May 18, 2011.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Re: 2011 Preakness States

Sadly, the Port A Potty Running of the Morons no longer exists. In fact, those videos going viral probably forced them to change the alcohol policy. So like Uncle Mo at the Derby, that one is an obvious scratch.

Replace it with:

-- Michael Phelps shows up with a date who has a lower back tattoo (3-1)

-- Holy Bull watches a man drink a full beer poured into a woman's ass crack (9-2)

-- Bruno Mars and Train are killed with a nailgun by Felicia "Snoop" Peterson when they ask why they haven't been paid after performing (50-1)

-- Steve Assmussen and Todd Pletcher crack a bunch of hilarious jokes poking fun at themselves at the Alibi Breakfast instead of acting like sourpuss bankers trying to pass a gallstone (1,000-1)

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Oops. That's probably a sign I ought to pass on betting this race.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Animal Kingdom is not getting any of my money at 2-1.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Awesome. Give me a sawbuck on 2, featuring the guy who just read a stat off the wires and thinks he's the next coming of Beyer.

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I'm hitting the infield just long enough to say I did it, maybe five seconds. That doesn't mean 9-2 isn't still an underlay.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Great stuff. But I think 40-to-1 is a steal for No. 8. Hell, those should be single-digit odds!

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

And I'll take all I can get on 2 at 5-1. Surely that number drops to even money or below as we get to Sarturday afternoon.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Would've made it lower, but it's contingent on No. 1. An exacta bet would bring in some serious value there.
    Personally, I'm with Captain Kirk. No. 2, at 5-1 odds, is like a license to print money. Every office has one, and in some places you could probably parlay it with "Jackoff at Work goes berserk when his horse doesn't win."

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's Masturbation Month, so throw out the Jackoff's steam at your own peril.

10. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

There goes my price on Mucho Macho Man.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Greatest hunch bet in horse racing history!

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm sticking w/Dialed In and Midnight Interlude...

Draft saved Draft deleted