1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 NHL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

He is the real deal, big, moves well and is a very capable puck mover. Pretty good defensively, at least in junior to this point, because he has such a long reach and uses it effectively.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I have to cheer for an IceDog now. Fuck me.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I understand your pain. My sympathy.

On the other hand, why does every OHL prospect have their highlight reel showing them scoring against Brampton?

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

And he goes to the Stanley Cup champions.

It will be interesting to see how Pierre's prognostications turn out on these guys drafted early.

Blessed the organizations who don't tote up the billionaire owners' little jersey-wearing kids on stage.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

His brother Freddie, a Sharks draft pick, is no slouch either

Oh, and his mother was an Olympic basketball player and his dad Doug won a bronze in rowing in the '84 Olympics.

And Dougie was OHL Academic Player of the year. Had an average of something like 94%, 97% in that mickey mouse course calculus

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

H. Katz gets as much tube time as the picks. ;D

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

You noticed that too, huh?

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

This probably won't go over well with the Leafs' faithful, but Burke cracks me up everytime I see him. Granted, I don't seem him often.

9. JonnyD

JonnyD Member

Blackhawks send Campbell to Florida for Rostislav Olesz.

Campbell's 5 years and 7.15 million cap hit per year are magically transformed into 3 years and 3.13 million cap hit.

Unfortunately, a fantastic defensive group is now looking might ordinary. Or at least not elite.

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Burke has spent three years in Toronto and looks like he's aged 20.

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

It's so ironic you mention this. I was thinking the same thing tonight.

Early on, the TSN guys are going through all Boston got in the Kessel trade and the network cuts to a shot of Burke sitting hunched over at the Leafs' table. Later, he sidesteps Duthie's questions with short answers, even later concluding with a quip looking into the camera. I can't pinpoint why, but I really like the guy.

The Biggs kid looks good. That team needed to add some gonads.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

San Jose sends Devin Setoguchi, who was signed to a 3-year, $9M deal on Thursday, to Minnesota along with Charlie Coyle (their No. 1 pick last year) and this year's No. 28 pick for Brent Burns.

Draft saved Draft deleted