1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Fantasy Baseball league

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Guy_Incognito, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I was hoping to have someone else start one (to avoid what will likely be the next few posts), but no one is, so here one is.

ID#: 189111
    Password: idiots.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm in ... looks like the live draft is Wednesday night?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Grumpy Old Men are in.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Enjoy trade offers of Chris Perez for Albert Pujols and Hanley Ramirez.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

+1

6. outofplace

I'm assuming this was the childishness that Guy was hoping to avoid. Can't say I'm surprised by either source.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm sorry, I should have been more businesslike.

But I DO think it's fair, on a thread about a fantasy baseball league, to let those know who haven't been in one with the commish before, that that is a part of the league. It would be disrespectful not to.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Halladays In The Sun are in the house!

10. outofplace

I've been in multiple leagues with Guy before and he has never made me an offer that was even remotely insulting.

I've also found that reputations like the one you seem to think he deserves tend to be, at the very least, exaggerations. I'm sure we are all capable of evaluating his trade offers for ourselves. And if one of us is dumb enough to be fleeced that badly, all the warnings in the world won't save us.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

No, they aren't exaggerations. It's also not an exaggeration to say that Guy obsesses about that perception of him and his trades.

No one has brought up his lopsided trade offers in at least a year (probably more), YET he starts it himself with the little passive-aggressive comment in the first post.

12. outofplace

And he was almost immediately proven right.

Draft saved Draft deleted