1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Academy Awards...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Nov 29, 2010.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Ratings down seven percent from 2010, but higher than 2008 and 2009. Bad critic reviews, though.

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

If you don't get James Franco's comedy, I feel a little bad for you ... I think he's hysterical. Even without saying anything, just that smirk that comes across his face.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was wrong in predicting Fanco would be a good host; I knew he'd be terrible the moment I watch his pre-show interview with ABC from the "green room" in which he made a joke that only he understood. He was clearly wasted.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I liked Ebert's comment that they should airlift Vilanch to the theater stat - and then he later followed it with - Vilanch IS writing it?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So, you like stoned people?

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Anybody else think Jeff Bridges' direct addresses to the Best Actress nominees sounded completely flat? It was like he was reading fortune cookies to them -- just lobbing generic praise. Bullock's might have been too ad-libbed, but at least hers seemed vaguely spontaneous.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He saves his bigger bombs for the Tony Awards.

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Maybe we just see him in a different way. I think he's got great comedic timing and a very cool, dry style.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Vilanch is usually pretty funny. No surprise he didn't like the Golden Globes since Gervais all but outed Cruise and Travolta.

Draft saved Draft deleted