1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011-2012 NHL Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Actually, it's rare for a JLC crowd to show even that much decorum.

But this is a crowd that worships Dale Hunter, so take it for what it's worth.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Crowds there are nothing like the crowds at the old Ice House or The Barn in Windsor. But Simmonds would have visited the JLC many times during his OHL days and I don't recall him having any problems then.

3. Sea Bass

I'd appreciate it if you didn't use rational, experience-based facts to mitigate my rather irrational hatred for that team and their clown of a coach.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Sorry, my brother. Proceed.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Could it also be that whoever threw it wanted him to slip on it? That's the comic troupe, right, slipping on a banana peel?

Throwing a whole banana would be a little more overt.

6. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

What league were the Caps in when they won the Eastern Conference the past two years? I recall Boston and Philly, respectively, repping the East in the last two Stanley Cup Finals.

Sorry, had to say it! What do you think Boudreau's leash is like? Hard to judge from the outside.

7. Sea Bass

Come to think of it, I believe Kevin Weekes had a banana thrown at him in Montreal, too.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I should have said regular season champs, haha.

I think he has a long leash. I really do. I know it's en vogue for hockey teams to shit themselves and fire the coach the minute there's a slump, but Leonsis doesn't seem to buy into it. Boudreau is secure.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be the Flyers if they weren't showing how to be such fine and shining examples ...

But what happened to Wayne Simmonds is sad social commentary. One would think we've evolved, but obviously some of us missed that bus.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it in the postseason. Hopefully Boudreau will teach how not to give an opponent a free goal on a bad line change in overtime of a playoff game.

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Comcast guys indicated Avery might be waived after tonight's game and not even on the plane to Europe. If so, who takes him?

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My man Avery says Wayne Simmonds called him a pile of sticks...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/7024659/new-york-rangers-sean-avery-says-wayne-simmonds-called-homophobic-slur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.