1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 sj.com college football poll -- FINAL POLL now POSTED!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I Should Coco, Aug 23, 2010.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Re: 2010 SportsJournalists.com college football poll

Missouri with just the one vote? That Navy beating must really linger in peoples' minds.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

It is a really big freaking scoreboard.

But this is a New Era!

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I remember the last new era I paid attention to... Darkness With Harkness... Damn Red Wings didn't make the playoffs for 10 years,

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I thought about putting Navy No. 25. Just couldn't do it. Never considered Mizzou, and no, it had nothing to do with the rivalry. Just didn't see anyone in the Big 12 North worth considering, save for Nebraska.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Fair enough, and in the interest of full disclosure, I was the source of that one vote.

I'm not suggesting Mizzou will be a world-beater, but I have a lot more faith in it and its offense than, say, Oklahoma State.

6. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I tried to put Mizzou No. 1, but Coco sent my poll back and reminded me it's a football poll, not a J-School poll.

It wasn't the Navy game that did it for me. the loss to Baylor seemed bad to considering 1. It was a home loss and 2. Baylor wasn't a good team last year.
    This year, the Tigers will be 4-0 when they get to Big 12 play, prompting probably a Top 25 spot, then a win over Colorado may get them Top 20, at which point they proceed to drop at least 5 straight.
    I'll just wait for the 4-0 to begin before I show them some love, and even then it may be tough love.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think people are waiting to see how Blaine Gabbert can do against the good teams when not hobbled with a Suh-busted ankle. Plus their top defensive player is gone, and their pass defense has sucked hard for years. Aldon Smith and Xavier Gooden will be the keys to the defense.

8. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee Member

For Week 1, do you want our ballots by the normal time, or are we waiting on Monday night's Boise State-Virginia Tech game?

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I've had a couple of questions about that, and the answer is we're pushing the deadline back a day, thanks to ESPN's Monday night game.

So the next round of Top 25 ballots is due TUESDAY, Sept. 7, by 10 a.m. CDT.

Of course, everyone is welcome to send them in Monday night after the game ... :D

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bookmarked!

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Good morning, pollsters ....

Thanks to everyone who has voted already. I've got 20 out of 29 ballots as I type this.

Still looking for: Songbird, slappy4428, beanpole, sportsguydave, Mystery Meat II, AgatePage, Dragon Steamboat, Starman, TrooperBari.

And thank goodness this is the only Tuesday morning tabulation!

EDIT: Make that 21 out of 29. Songbird checked in as I was typing this up. Way to go, Xan!

ANOTHER EDIT: AgatePage is in -- thanks! Just seven ballots still out there.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

1 Boise
    2. TCU
    3 Ohio State
    4 Alabama
    5 Iowa
    6 Wisconsin
    7 Nebraska
    8 Florida State
    9 Oregon