1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Feb 10, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's one thing to be bad, thus deserving to be called the Bungles. It's another to build around so many guys with character issues. Most teams have a few. The Steelers certainly have their share. But the Bengals seem to seek the dirtbags out.

2. JennaLaine

JennaLaine Member

Man...I thought this was going to be a thread about coping strategies to get through the off-season.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ummm, it is. :)

The draft is the shot of methadone to get us to training camp where we make the Trainspotting boys look like casual users.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Anyone else read Brian Billick's book about the state of the NFL? Thoughts?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd bet $100 the thesis statement is "not as good as it would be with me in it."

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I hope Billick stays in the booth. He drew the Saints several times this year for whatever reason and was outstanding every time out. If such things were judged on merit alone, he'd already have Troy Aikman's job.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He's the smartest guy around, just ask him.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The Chargers are shopping Antonio Cromartie in hopes of getting a RB in return. Hmmmmm.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4920302

Any possible fits? Cromartie for Marshawn Lynch? Cromartie for Willis McGahee? Cromartie to the Steelers for Willie Parker? :)

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

McGahee would make a lot of sense. I'm assuming that last one is a joke.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Hence the smiley.

I wouldn't mind if they could somehow acquire the guy, though.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Something must be wrong with Cromartie. Trading a Pro-Bowl corner for a RB is nuts unless you are Redskins.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Oh, please God, let this happen. I don't want the Vikes to ride the Brett drama train again, nor do I want to see Tarvaris Jackson in anything but a baseball cap. And I've had a soft spot for McNabb ever since this:

Along the same lines, if they sign Vick, I'm holding open auditions for a new team.

Draft saved Draft deleted