1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Apr 19, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Amazingly enough, I agree with you Devil. Although, if you can find one team willing to give a top 5 pick for Big Ben, let me know.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I agree with you on that as well. They are not finding anyone to take this problem off of their hands.

The Rams, Raiders and Browns cannot be this stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. So you wouldn't straight up trade a top 5 pick in the 2010 draft for a 28-year-old, two-time Super Bowl-winning QB?

I would jump at that offer in a New York Minute. No Question.
    Even with his baggage and four-game suspension, It's a steal.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Count me among those who would take Suh with the top pick.

I know it's not going to happen, but Suh will be the best player in this draft.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

If the past is any indication, the Raiders and Browns are that stupid.

Still, I can't see either making a move. Seems likely Cleveland will draft a quarterback on day two; Oakland, right or wrong, isn't giving up on FatMarcus just yet.

I'd trade Roethlisberger in a heartbeat for a top 5 pick, just to wash your hands of the situation.

But I think you keep him if not offered a high first rounder in return. Or maybe you can package him with a player and a lower-round pick. Whatever the case, he is way too valuable to simply give away in a Holmes-like deal.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. 93Devil

We are not talking about a young Derek Jeter. We are talking about a young Albert Belle.

Also, you are assuming that he never gets in trouble again. With this commish, the next time he looks sideways at a female, he could be gone for good.

7. As opposed to drafting a JeMarcus Russell or Robert Gallery?

To me this a no-brainer.

8. 93Devil

Or the Thomas kid for the Browns.

Also, look at Ben. He his a fat fuck right now who is dividing the locker room.

You are also loading a contract that you might be eating in three years because he has let himself go so much weight wise.

9. You really beleive that?
    The man is a competivie football players. A total dumbass and a douchebag, but a player and a talent.
    He is well worth an unproven top 5 pick who will want a shitpile of money before playing a down.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/19/five-trades-that-need-to-happen-during-the-draft/

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. It's not like Ben walked across the Roberto Clemente Bridge and got into trouble in a Pittsburgh bar. He was 100 miles out in the middle of nowhere in Georgia and managed to get into trouble.

I missed this in the original reports and I'm too lazy to dig through the Roethlisberger thread, but why in the hell was Ben in Milledgeville anyway?

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Roethlisberger apparently has a winter home in Greensboro, Georgia.

Draft saved Draft deleted