1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NFL Combine

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JennaLaine, Feb 26, 2010.

1. JennaLaine

JennaLaine Member

Do we have a thread on this? If not...I just made it. Share your thoughts

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

St. Elmo Steakhouse

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

The meat market after the meat market.

Most overblown waste of print space since the Pro Bowl.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Men jump. Men perform feats of strength. Men run. Men scramble to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes.

The only people it seems to influence are Mel Kiper, who is walking around with a two-day boner that should require consultation with a physician, Gil Brandt who will endorse Tim Tebow to a crowd of zero people, and Al Davis, who was last seen walking around with a stop watch and a radar gun stapled to his forehead.

Then those same men will jump, run, lift weights and answer questions all over again at their pro days and most of them will do those things better than they did them at the combine.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I haven't been to the combine in a while, so I don't know if this is as big, but my favorite part was always the wanna-be agents trolling the hotel lobby for clients. One of my favorite stories of mine was following these guys around and talking to them about their absolutely impossible dream that this was the first step at becoming the next Drew Rosenhaus. At best, most of these guys had past low-round picks; most of them had nobody. You had to admire their moxie, and you had to facepalm at their delusion.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Most of the good ones have had their runners trolling the college campuses all season. At this point, the only game it isn't late in, is the poaching game.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

For future reference, Jenna, you should title such threads, "What, no 2010 NFL Combine thread?" [/blue]

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

http://jenna-laine.com/

nice website

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Its design seems fair to middling.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Have plenty of water on hand when enjoying the shrimp cocktail.

Head to the Slippery Noodle Inn for the best blues around after.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I hate the Combine. I covered colleges for several years and I was lucky once or twice to have none of my guys at the Combine. Those were great Februarys.

The fact that NFL deadheads obsess over that crap is sad.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

What's wrong with it?

Draft saved Draft deleted