1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 MLB League Championship Series running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

In our gluttony of hatred, Clevelanders were glad to see the good ol' postseason verion of the Chili Cheeseburger back on the mound last night.

We just knew last year was a big, fat mirage.

/will never forgive him for 2007

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, that's what happens when Matt Schaub throws two interceptions to Brett Gardner.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

JORGE POSADA IS AN IDIOT!!

listen up, i appreciate the "core four" member doe his outstanding career. asicmhe's mediocre defensively, probably worse at this point.

but how can a catcher of such big-game experience be suckered on such a basic little league play. first and third, two outs in the first. phil hughes is a strike away for k'ing the side. hamilton takes off to steal second -- and posada throws through without even looking the speedster leadoff man back to third. hamilton stops between first and second. the speedster from third scores easily and hamilton is safe at first.

1-0. texas. natch, hughes k's the batter on the next pitch.

again, posada's an idiot. my little leaguers know what to do on that play... sheesh.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Cano should have tagged Hamilton as well. He had a better chance of doing that before Andrus slid across the plate.

5. mb

mb Active Member

5-0? Guess the Yankees have 'em right where they want 'em.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

After what I've seen between Friday night and today, I don't know how either of these American League teams could match the pitching of the Phillies or Giants. Of course, the San Fran offense doesn't exactly strike one as power-packed.

7. mb

mb Active Member

So, it's beginning to look like the Rangers are one blown 5-0 lead away from being up 2-0 with Cliff Lee on the mound and a shot to go up 3-0.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Cody Ross would like a word with you ...

This one is as good as advertised. Two dingers by Ross the difference so far.

9. Cody Ross, really? Sheesh.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Hard to imagine why LeBron wouldn't want to stay.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Clay Rapada! V!S!U! Iloveitiloveitiloveit!

I'll always remember him as the Tri-Cities baseball player named Clay who actually spelled it right.

12. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Who would have expected all of those longballs? I like the lefty-lefty match up with Lopez throwing to Howard.

Draft saved Draft deleted