1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010-2011 NHL season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'm sure Killer is hoping some NHL team calls.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Adios, Marc Crawford.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-stars/headlines/20110412-stars-fire-coach-marc-crawford-after-two-seasons-no-playoff-appearances.ece

And Jack Capuano loses the "interim" tag on Long Island.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Frees up his summer in case he needs to be in court.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The media drumbeat to bring Ken Hitchcock back to Dallas started with a column by Tim Cowlishaw in yesterday's DMN. It will be interesting to see what Nieuwendyk does given the ownership situation.

Hitch would be an interesting hire and would certainly generate some buzz among fans in the Metroplex but I'm not sure the Stars can afford him. My guess is they go with the coach of their farm team or just promote Willie Desjardins to the head job.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good for Capuano. I've never had the privilege to talk to the man, but worked with a colleague for years who had nothing but good things to say about Cappy. Hope the Isles find a way not to screw up a good thing.

6. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I don't know, he might actually have to show up for practice then.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ha, very true. Those 30-minute practices twice a week don't go over well in the NHL. And I doubt Florida would be a destination if Erik Gudbranson has any say in it.

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Colin Campbell. He gone as per www.tsn.ca.

Draft saved Draft deleted