1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010-2011 NHL season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Sep 13, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They show the Dallas coach after Minnesota's empty netter, and a young woman behind the bench does a golf swing and a salute. It was hilarious.

2. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Welp, Dallas played like exactly what they were - a team with the second cheapest D in the West.

And yes, this ties a record for most points to not make the playoffs with those Avs. And I'm pretty sure those Avs didn't have the other four teams in the division make the playoffs. Dallas was a lot better than people thought they would be, just not quite good enough.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fucking embarrassing.

Conn Smythe thought the first 10 years of the Harold Ballard era were a travesty. Can you imagine what he'd be thinking if he'd had to live through the next 10, and then this??

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

That is awesome. Peter the Cheater.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

What does firing DeBoer fix? Not being argumentative, just wondering. No idea who Tallon has on his list. I hear Kennan's available. ;D

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Once you were my brother, now you do this????

Dead....competely...2 me....

:p

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I didn't say I was that wiseguy, just that there would be plenty out there who would think that!

8. derwood

derwood Active Member

Todd Richards era is over.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6329087

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I can't imagine he'd want to go back to junior, but if he does, it'll be to coach one team - the Oshawa Generals, a team he partly owns.

Unless, of course, Dave Branch allows him to own one team and coach another. Which is ludicrous. I mean, Dave Branch would never allow that. And he certainly wouldn't allow one man to own two teams at the same time. Let's just put that to rest right now.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

LOL

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

All good points, SB....I believe DeBoer has one year left on his deal with Florida so he could take that year off and see how things shake out with the Gennies, who should be pretty strong - offensively, at least - next year. If Chris DePiero somehow misses the playoffs with that team then DeBoer moves in.

Panthers assistant Jim Hulton, another guy with a pretty extensive record as a junior coach, also got gassed. He could find his way back to the O, maybe back to Kingston if Gilmour moves on.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Dougie's got three wives to support. He needs the gig, doesn't he?

Draft saved Draft deleted