1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 SJ Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Apr 22, 2009.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

This is where it gets interesting. Raji's name has been out there, but his stock may have dropped with the drug test allegations, and I wonder if the team doesn't look elsewhere because they traded for Redding. I think Crabtree is the best available player, but WR is not a huge need with TJ in the fold. Of course, after 17 WRs went down for them last year, they probably want some depth. I actually think this is where a team trades up for Sanchez. I say Seattle swaps picks with Washington and gets the Skins' first-rounder next year.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

There's been a lot of talk about the 'Hawks taking Sanchez here, correct? Hasselbeck isn't getting any younger or less injury-prone.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

1. Detroit Lions - QB Matt Stafford, Georgia
    2. St. Louis Rams - T Jason Smith, Baylor
    3. Kansas City Chiefs - LB Aaron Curry, Wake Forrest
    4. Seattle Seahawks - T Eugene Monroe, Virginia

The Cleveland Browns are now on the clock.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I still don't get Washington's apparent interest in Sanchez ... Jason Campbell isn't a bad quarterback.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Beaker, that's a wasted pick, IMO, for them. If they can hit on a defender or two in the draft and Hasselbeck stays healthy with TJ to throw to, that team can win its division.

Ooh, curveball with Monroe.

EDIT: But Snyder is a bad owner.

6. chester

chester Member

The Browns need to go defense with this pick, since they can con anybody into trading for the pick. Of course, if they plan on trading Edwards, Crabtree also makes sense.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Any chance the Browns trade Edwards for picks and draft Crabtree?

EDIT: What chester said.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Agreed, Trey. He had some ups and downs last season, but I thought he made a step forward.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Campbell's not bad, but there's not much upside at this point. I'm guessing Zorn doesn't think he can do much in his system.

10. chester

chester Member

Which is exactly what probably will happen Saturday. Sounds like the Edwards deal is one of those which will be announced right before the draft if it happens.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

BJ Raji?

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Who's the top-rated DE? The Browns could use him, whoever he is.

Draft saved Draft deleted