1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 1, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

So Vince is returning to Raw in two weeks. That'll be interesting.

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Right before the Royal Rumble...hmmm...

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Haha, don't tell me you think Vince is going to insert himself into the Rumble...

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

This is the same guy who killed himself in a limo, so I wouldn't put it past him.

And it's also the same guy who had to 'win' the ECW title ...

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Hey, he won it exactly 10 years ago...wouldn't bet against it.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Hell, I'd love to see it. But I just don't know if it'll happen. You know when Vince returns to television, something big will go down.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

When using Vince and go down in the same sentence, some would be a lot more cautious.

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I hope to never, ever see Vince's 'Kiss My Ass Club' induct any new members again.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well, I was just trying to warn you :D

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

All right, let's start early Rumble predictions. I'll go with Triple H.

My underdog pick is the Jeff Hardy based on a scenario I saw online. Basically, it goes that it's revealed that Christian is the guy who jumped Hardy, and I'm guessing from other rumors they add a bit that Hardy gets involved in a hit-and-run with Christian too. That leads to him dropping the Belt to Edge earlier in the night at the Rumble, but then he goes crazy, beats the crap out of Santino or some other jobber and takes his spot in the Rumble. Hardy gets his rematch, and it sets up Cage-Hardy for the pay-per-view before Wrestlemania.

A stretch? Sure. Probably just going to be Hardy dropping the strap to Edge and Edge-Trips at Wrestlemania, but a guy can dream.

Any other early Rumble predictions?

11. NDub

NDub Guest

Raw wasn't as good last night as it has been the past few weeks. I didn't watch a lot because of the OSU-Texas game. But the HBK stuff with Cena wasn't too predictable.

Kane vs. Orton next week... not really sure what's up with that storyline. They need to make Kane more deviant and elaborate on some of his demons. The whole mentally and physically torturing Rey thing never panned out and this "obsession" with Kelly Kelly (who I would do anything to) is not very deep. Does anyone still miss the mask?

Punk's gotta' win the IC belt at the Rumble, right?

Vince coming back... please just don't kill yourself. Do something worthwhile.

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I'll go with Orton winning the Rumble.

Draft saved Draft deleted