1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 1, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Looks like the TNA guys just traveled to Tokyo to take on New Japan. Team 3D won the IWGP Tag Team Championships while the Motor City Machineguns won the Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles.

Pretty cool.

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It's next Sunday.

And Lord, what a terrible card.

Sting vs. Rhino for the championship? Awesome Kong vs. Christy Hemme? Mick Foley, A.J. Styles, and D'von Dudley vs. Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, and Booker T?

And let's not forget Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle, whose storyline has featured numerous shots at Jarrett's recently deceased wife.

Who the fuck would pay 30 bucks for that shit?

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

That is a pretty awful card. I was really only interested in the Jarret vs. Angle match. With Jarrett being the founder of the company, I am shocked as to how he does not have veto power or something to put an end to these comments against his wife. It's disgusting.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

Back to the entrance music.

Edge's is awesome.

And how about Austin's? When that glass shatters... man, that'll sometimes give you chills.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Hogan's theme music. It was rather cliche, but everytime that music starts, fans always go nuts. I've seen Hogan twice and he's gotten the loudest pops I've ever heard.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

So Raw is tonight. Anyone have any thoughts, perdictions, theories? CM Punk faces Regal for the IC Title tonight which could be a classic match between two great wrestlers. Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston face the Miz and John Morrison; and Santino and Beth Phoenix face Goldust and Melina.

Oh, Kelly Kelly takes on Jillian which will be a useless match. No other matches have been announced but I'm sure there will be stuff going on with Orton, Cena, Jericho and the backlash of what happened after last week's fatal four way in which HBK just gave up the match for JBL to win.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I've read sources saying Jeff Hardy and Christian are backstage tonight.

With TNA taking Christian's profile off their web page this weekend, I expect him to show up anytime now.

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Damn. Why would Jeff, a Smackdown star, be at Raw, though? I'd love to see him on Raw and see Christian re-debut tonight, but it'd make no sense.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Watching Raw in HD for the first time. Wow...

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah, we just got USA HD here a few weeks ago, and I think two Mondays ago was the first time I got to watch Raw on it. Very nice.

Speaking of very nice, I thought this Miz/Morrison pairing was some desperation pairing to provide another team, but they're really good at this tag team stuff. I thought it might bring down Morrison; instead, it's lifted up Miz.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

And right on schedule, here is Mike Knox to beat the shit outta Rey Mysterio.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So they finally gave Deuce the name Snuka?

Draft saved Draft deleted