1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 Oscars — running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Spacey went through a stretch where he made Pay it Forward, David Gale and some movie where he played an alien that may have been three of the worst movies I've ever seen in a theater.

2. Mizzougrad96

I just looked at Spacey's whole filmography since American Beauty and it's filled with fail.

21 (Pretty good film) is the best of the bunch by far, which says a lot. The rest are just painfully bad.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's been doing considerable stage work. Whether that's resulted in some missed Hollywood opportunities, I can't say.
    He's clearly held in high regard. You don't get to play the lead in The Iceman Cometh if you're not.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Not so much saying it was a misstep; rather, it wasn't overly deep.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

K-Pax

6. Mizzougrad96

I think I walked out of that one. I've walked out of about five films in the last decade.

Pay it Forward and David Gale were worse.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Which movies did you walk out on?

8. Mizzougrad96

One was a Matthew Perry movie with Cedric the Entertainer in it. Just fucking awful. Just looked it up, Serving Sara.

In the Cut - Meg Ryan full frontal. Still not worth watching.

Basic Instinct 2 - Just dreadful.

There was a meet the in-laws film with Michael Douglas and Ryan Reynolds, just horrendous. The In-Laws maybe?

Because I Said So - Diane Keaton and Mandy Moore. My wife picked it and about 30 minutes in, we left and went to see something else.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

I don't think I've ever walked out on a movie. I've certainly been disappointed mightily by some of my choices but I've never walked out.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

"21 Grams." Only one I can remember.

11. Mizzougrad96

I don't go to the theater much anymore. I download everything and watch it at home. I might have gone to the theater five times last year, usually for something like Iron Man, Dark Knight, Quantun of Solace or something like that.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Actually, I was damn near about to walk out on Cabin Fever. That's the only one I can remember right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted