1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 NHL Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Allegedly, Apr 12, 2009.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Bingo!

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm not a fan, no, but mainly because I dislike the Devils.

I'll be the first to acknowledge that Stevens was very, very good at what he did. I just hate double standards. I also enjoy picking the NHL apart for its organizational deficiencies, both real and imagined. ;D

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Six games seems pretty excessive. One or two at the most would have been fine.

And I've always been a big Scott Stevens fan.

4. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Times two.

It would be fine by me if Brashear never played again but five games for that hit? Negative.

5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Brooks deserves what he gets from Tortorella if he wants to conduct an interview in such an unprofessional manner.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Tortorella doesn't seem the least embarrassed that he hit a woman in the head with a water bottle or that he got suspended from a playoff game.

I'm not sure Brooks is the only one acting unprofessionally here.

7. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Whatever, JR. Brooks has also stormed off from one interview, saying 'fuck you' to Tortorella. Guys like that ... well ... whatever.

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

A similar exchange to one from two years ago.

"Next question."

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Jesus, I hate it when hockey starts to resemble the other major sports in terms of high-profile asshattery.

I'll be pleased when one of the non-ugly storylines of these playoffs gets some love.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Was that Brooks yelling "Fuck off!" after Tortorella told him to "get the fuck out of here?"

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yes, I believe so.

12. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

The Brashear hit was late, and it was high. And it injured the guy. I don't mind a little old time hockey, but that was gutless. And Brashear's absence for six games will not hurt the Capitals a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted