1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 NHL Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Allegedly, Apr 12, 2009.

1. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Morrisonn is a biter? I never got that from him ... that's too funny.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Small price to pay for fish-hooking.

The Canes are making Brodeur stand on his head early.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The goal was crucial not only because it helps on the scoreboard, but also because it stops any potential thoughts of Marty crawling into their heads.

Interesting line changes: Staal-LaRose-Whitney had seven shots in the first 20 minutes. I didn't think the Staal-Cole and Whitney-Cullen combos should have been broken up, but that's why Paul Maurice is the coach and I'm just some punk on the message board.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Staal is a stud

5. I think there's enough time now since le grande disgrace that I can talk about hockey again.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No handshakes tonight.

Now to get a piece of The Rock in Game 7 ...

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Go Caps!
    I enjoyed watching a bit of violence from that game around midday, when Brashear threw an elbow or shoulder at Betts.
    Chicago Blackhawks are the team I'd like to see make a run.
    Playoff hockey means gobs much more (to me) than the regular season.

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

It's days like this I miss working in N.C. and covering the Canes. I remember the last series between the teams, and it was a slugfest too.
    Oh, and while I agree that Staal is a stud, I think LaRose is the damn heart of that team. And whatever it says in the media guide, LaRose isn't an inch taller than 5' 7", cause I have stood almost toe-to-toe with him and he's not much taller than I am (I'm 5'6").
    Damn I miss covering hockey.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Sally Jenkins just hammers the Rangers in her Monday morning column. Hard to argue with what she says.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/26/AR2009042602435.html

10. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Outstanding:

To review, the list of offenses the Rangers have suffered at the hands of the Caps includes biting, spitting and name-calling. Next, they will complain the Caps didn't share their postgame juice boxes.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Truculence? In the second graf ... I'm a fairly learned fella, and I have no fucking clue what that word means.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

:-X

Draft saved Draft deleted