1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 NHL off-season trades, rumours, draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by AMacIsaac, May 12, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Jesus, thanks for showing up. :)

As I said in that earlier thread, the media reports are partially responsible for this disinformation

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Solid power forward. Think Getzlaf-lite. Maybe not as dynamic. Was very surprised he slid as far as he did. Thought he may have even been a possibility for the Oilers at 10 - a bit of a reach but fills a scoring and size need - if their guy didn't slide to them and Glennie was still taken.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Very surprised Landon Ferraro is still sitting there after the first round. Was rated in the top 20 most of the year, slid back into the 20s at the end of the year and I guess out if the first round altogether now. Terrific skater, smart, and one of the best two way forwards in the draft, probably doesn't have the top end offence that some of the top picks in the draft have though but still scored 37 goals on a bad Red Deer team this year.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Wow, the Flames step up and trade for Bouwmeester, sending Leopold and a third rounder next year to FLA. Surprised that's the best the Panthers could do. Now the FLames have to get him signed. They have a ton of money wrapped up in their D.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

He went to the Red Wings very early in the second round (third pick I think).

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Is there more than one round? :)

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

He'll do good there. He'll get the time to develop properly.

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Isn't that actually a pretty good haul? I can't think of a team that's received more for a guy five days away from UFA status.

EDIT - Just realized Leopold's a UFA on July 1 too, so Calgary basically gave up a 3rd for the right to talk to Bouwmeester. Still, Florida did OK.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I agree,, I don't like these deals.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Luc Robitaille says yes!

Draft saved Draft deleted