1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 NHL off-season trades, rumours, draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by AMacIsaac, May 12, 2009.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I don't know, but like they were saying on TSN, how do the Flyers fit everything under the cap now?

Here's their current cap situation: http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=PHI&season=0910

Pronger has one year left for $6.25 million.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So I guess Duchene's going to Colorado.

I only hope they send him back to Brampton next year. One more year in junior would be probably good for him and he'd be a major contributor for Team Canada in the World Junior

3. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

I had read that Duchene wants to play another year in juniors. Should polish him off pretty well.

4. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Lupul was at 4.25. Biron is likely gone so there's probably savings of 2 or 3 million since Emery is only getting 1.25. So the money isn't that far off, I don't think.

I hate the thought of giving Sbisa up, however.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

How many of these guys will play in the NHL next year? I put the over/under at about five.

6. RecentAZgrad

So far? Probably 2/3 (Tavares and Hedman)

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Tavares & Hedman are probably the only players who could legitimately play in the NHL next year

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If the Avs don't send him back, Brampton's gonna officially be in rebuilding mode.

No Duchene, no Hodsgson, no Grachev, no McCollum = no playoffs.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Does Toronto make a move here to get Brayden Schenn?

10. RecentAZgrad

Damn, this is worse than the NFL draft with all the in-between stuff. Can't everyone just thank Montreal and congratulate the Pens all at once?

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, for sure. The guys at the top are the better players and going to teams most in need of help. Be interesting to see how many picked from, say, No. 5 on down play immediately.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'd suggest none.

An 18 year old playing in the NHL is an exception.

Draft saved Draft deleted