1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 NASCAR running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 1, 2009.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Thanks. I meant to do that too (wasn't my quote copied from other thread). Suffice to say having a contract not renewed isn't anywhere near the worst news Margolis has had in recent years. What a fighter.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-johnsoninjured&prov=ap&type=lgns

By the way, if you didn't see the Rolex 24 at Daytona coverage on Speed this weekend .... that might end up being the best race of the year, period.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-grand-am-closestfinish&prov=ap&type=lgns
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AsYaCFDyH4FXhvF8NMcDOKDov7YF?slug=ap-grand-amrolex24&prov=ap&type=lgns

Great driving by David Donohue in the final hour.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, my feelings about Denny Hamlin are not exactly a state secret.

So why did I have to stalk three years worth of doucheocity when he's suddenly decided to be human?

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/columns/story?columnist=newton_david&id=3861563

Oh wait, maybe he hasn't really changed at all.

But not enough to pay them back, or to fly to Richmond (when they lived there) IN HIS PRIVATE JET to pick them up. No, he made them drive to Charlotte if they wanted to go to races because "fuel is expensive."

Yeah, that doesn't come across poorly at all. Guess what, Denny? You got to live next door to Joe Gibbs and contemplate getting HEATED MARBLE FLOORS THROUGHOUT YOUR HOUSE precisely because of the choices others make.

Christ. I'm not sure he's capable of understanding how he presents himself. His publicist, Jon Mason, does yeoman's work.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

Are you saying it's perfectly acceptable for me to continue making fun of Denny Hamline? :D Cool!

If somebody put Denny and Juan Pablo into the same car in the 24 Hours of Daytona, I'd root for it to slide into Lake Lloyd.

5. imjustagirl

I got four texts the day the media tour went to JGR to tell me some good interview, nice person had taken Denny's place. If that shit's what I missed, then I'm guessing that tells you how LITTLE people expect of him. "I don't know how to pump my own gas" makes you a nice person now?

Ack.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Denny takes a bath while someone else pumps his gas....

[​IMG]

7. imjustagirl

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Three-time reigning NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson underwent surgery to repair a tendon and nerve after cutting his left middle finger with a kitchen knife Sunday, while preparing to compete in the final segment of the Rolex 24 sports car race.
    Does this mean a changing of the guard?

9. imjustagirl

And probably the entire arm.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

No.

And puts the crew chief on top of some other toolbox.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Brave Jimmie is apparently still going to go on Conan O'Brien tonight.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Will NASCAR be the first sport we can use as a barometer for the recession/depression/free market collapse on ticket sales?

How many sponsors will pull funding from drivers? How do you justify giving money to a crew when you are laying off hundreds and thousands of workers?

Draft saved Draft deleted