1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009-10 NHL playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hopefully Ottawa. :)

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Winning the Cup is winning the Cup, but wouldn't you want to go through Pittsburgh to do it? Wouldn't it make more, fulfilling or whatever? Hell, I'd rather go through Pittsburgh, if only to avoid hearing them whine about it for the next year. :)

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Beef, I agree with you that the Kings will win in 6. It's because of there defensive depth that they will win, the canucks D is in shambles. The Canucks are far, far deeper up front. they have 6 guys who have 25 or more goals.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sorry, I still have nightmares from my youth, and my adulthood, about the Penguins and the way the Caps play CFDs against them. I'd rather they just go away.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

Fair enough. :)

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How many games was that?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I would say the play of Howard in the latter half of the year was just as big a reason as them becoming healthy. They were far from the only team to deal with a significant amount of injuries. They'd be my pick to come out of the West, although Bertuzzi usually does something to ruin a teams chances.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Theodore hurt in practice today:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/theodore-leaves-practice-early.html

EDIT:

He's fine:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/theodore-suffers-stinger-expec.html

9. The Pens are a combined 0-8 against the Caps and Devils this season. I don't think you have to worry about them winning the cup, much to my chagrin. Getting past the Senators, however, is a different story.

10. JackReacher

Didn't the Caps own the Pens last year during the regular season? We know how that turned out in the playoffs.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

EASTERN CONFERENCE

#1 Washington Capitals vs. #8 Montreal Canadiens Washington in five. That's being generous but I'm cheering for the Habs

#2 New Jersey Devils vs. #7 Philadelphia Flyers As much as I dislike the Devils, I dislike the Flyers even more. Devils in six max.

#3 Buffalo Sabres vs. #6 Boston Bruins Since my Leafs ended up in 29th place Buffalo is my team in the East----Buffalo's almost a Canadian city and besides I think Ryan Miller is the best goalie inthe league. Sabres in five

#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Ottawa Senators . Fuck Ottawa and their whiny fans. Penguins in six.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

#1 San Jose Sharks vs. #8 Colorado Avalanche I'm cheering for the Avs mainly because of rookie wunderkind Matt Duchen He's an artist. However, Sharks in four.

#2 Chicago Blackhawks vs. #7 Nashville PredatorsHawks because local kid David Bolland plays for the Hawks. Chicago in six, maybe seven.

#3 Vancouver Canucks vs. #6 Los Angeles Kings HC hates the Canucks so this might be a bit testy since I like the Sedin Twins. Vancouver in five.

#4 Phoenix Coyotes vs. #5 Detroit Red Wings Phoenix is a nice Cinderalla story but Detroit in six

I'm betting on a Buffalo/Vancouver Stanley Cup Final. Canucks in six.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm a Canuck fan but if they were to ever win the cup the "fans" around here would be insufferable, actually, they already are.

The Sedins were an hour from being Leafs last summer.

Draft saved Draft deleted