1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009-10 NBA season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Den1983, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Simmons was on TK's radio show Monday and I thought they had great chemistry. Kornheiser was talking after the interview about how impressed he is at Simmons' respect for the sportswriters that came before him.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh I thought you meant it was a ridiculous statement to make. My bad.

3. zagoshe

The thing is -- there are so many bad teams in the NBA -- having LeBron James means the Cavs will win 55 to 65 games.

But when they play good teams and get into the playoffs, the rest of the team will be exposed.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Good.

I'm sure ESPN has the five minutes sompeplace on the WWL.com. Tony just seemed teed off at something.

5. zagoshe

Honestly - Illgauskus and Shaq cannot jump any more. It is ridiculous that two guys taller than 7-0 can't grab a rebound cleanly because they can't jump

6. zagoshe

Can I take the under?

7. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I don't think LeBron goes anywhere. New York is not an attractive situation at all. He's better off staying a Cav, taking the most money anyone can offer and then playing for a team and city that worships his every move.

8. 93Devil

Garnett's Isselmissle was sweet.

A lot of old legs on these teams.

9. zagoshe

How can Shaq not be able to dunk that any more? And if he really can't - well how could someone not see that he was this done before he was signed?

10. zagoshe

Will either of these two teams still be able to field eight guys who can walk for 20 minutes - much less play an NBA game for 48 - by the time the playoffs roll around?

11. 93Devil

Garnett has played 42,600 minutes and is breaking down faster than a Chrysler.

James has already played 20,700 and is halfway through his prime. He would be nuts to stay if they do not win it all this season.

12. zagoshe

They ain't winning it, so Cleveland fans can forget that.

This team is not as good as Boston, Orlando or about six teams in the West.

Draft saved Draft deleted