1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 sj.com college football poll -- (1/9) Final Poll, Page 118

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Sorry I flaked the final poll. I got in a car accident on Sunday and I'm just now getting around well enough to do things. I watched the game last night, but with enough pain killers to put down a small horse. I would have likely voted for Oklahoma again had I voted.
    Again, sorry slappy.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You succeeded!

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hustle, it was not directed to one person, and since you are actually on here saying something it says a lot and you made an honest mistake, but there are a good number who are still AWOL.

We all volunteered to do this. I know 2-3 out of a large number missing it is no big deal, but for that many to miss the biggest ballot of the season is a little uncalled for since I'm sure Slapp does not compile and write the column in 15 minutes every week of the season.

I just hope we are not in jeopardy of losing his kindness in doing the work so a lot of us can have some fun.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Two losses are better than four, especially with three of them being Wake, Vandy and South Carolina. End of the year polls are about looking back at the entire season, not just one game or one week.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

So ... what does the trophy look like? Or do they just get a commemorative SportsJournalists.com thong?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Just one or do we send a box so the entire team gets one?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's Florida... you make the call...

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

As long as I get a picture of Tebow in one, I'm down with it.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but when you play in an overrated conference and play pussy teams such as cinci. in the preseason, your yearlong record is bullshit. just sayin'.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Right. Like Texas Tech would have lost to Wake, Vandy and South Carolina -- three teams that didn't have anywhere near the offense to keep pace, nor the defensive personnel to slow Texas Tech down enough to win.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

still can't admit the big 12 south was overrated, can you?

Draft saved Draft deleted