1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Didn't Kennedy job to Umaga on Smackdown too? Did he fail another drug test or something?

2. Jar of Flies

Jar of Flies Member

Kennedy (KENNEDY!) was a great heel.

Leave it to the WWE to fuck a great thing up.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

a double dq in the raw title match? what happened? and it seems like kennedy is getting squashed again.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

Kane came out and beat the hell out of Batista and CM Punk, causing the DQ. Batista was giving it to Punk, too. Kane had some bag with him, too. After the match, Punk climbed to his feet, held the belt high as Batista looked on. Kind of rubbing it in. Then Batista kicked him in the gut and powerbombed the shit out of Punk before leaving the ring.

5. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Didn't see Shelton Benjamin winning the US Belt, but I guess it opens the door for Hardy to take on Mark Henry for the ECW title. The good news about the tag change is that it (finally) frees John Morrison for what could be a heck of a singles run. He's ready for main event status.

Punk's going to hold on to the belt through at least September, where he'll probably job it over to Orton.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I think the tag titles and US Title changes do reflect the fact that ECW and Raw will be together in the very near future as far as being on the same schedule TV wise. I also see Shelton getting the belt as a sign that he'll be working with Kennedy, and Jeff Hardy real soon. MVP, too?

I think Morrison is better than just being a tag team champion too, but I'll admit it now. Miz and Morrison were pretty solid as a team -- which means WWE has to break them up.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

A few weeks ago, on his SD debut, he got the biggest pop of the show, bigger than HHHs.

And now he's losing a dark match to Umanga? They are really dropping the ball with Kennedy (and MVP for that matter).

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'm actually rather intrigued for Raw tonight. I want to see where the McMahons go with "restoring order" to Raw and I'd like to figure out what this whole angle is about with Kane.

9. My prediction? The McMahons name Regal the GM, and Kane's talking about Undertaker.

10. KYSportsWriter

I don't think it's Taker. Technically, they didn't do a "death" angle with him when he left, so the whole 'is he alive?' thing is moot.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I agree. The whole death angle has been way overdone with 'Taker, anyway. There was a rumor running around that Bischoff was going to make a return at some point. I wouldn't mind seeing him become Raw GM again. While I hate Bischoff, he makes great television.

12. KYSportsWriter

I wouldn't mind seeing the 'Hoff back on Raw.

He's been gone for quite a while now, so it'll be something fresh. At least for a while, anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted