1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Baseball Thread X

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

For tonight only, I will be a Cubbies fan.

The Cubbies must win tonight. They must, they must, they must.

And for those not following along at home, the Cardinals just allowed a walk with the bases loaded to give Boston a 3-2 lead in the eighth.

Edit: Boys, play nice or go to your room!

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How close are the Pirates to giving up and trading Wilson, Nady or Bay?

Honestly, I would like to see them try and hold out and improve on this year's team for next year, but that has not happened in over a decade.

I mean they are fourth in the National Legue in runs. This is not a bad team, I just think they need a year or two more together to grow.

Am I that wrong in thinking this?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

For tonight only, Rosie, we will be honorary Cubsfanboiloosers.

Go, Cubs, Go! Go, Cubs, Go!

Hey Chicago, whaddaya say, the Cubs are going to win today!

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

So we expect you to be on here lamenting every bad pitch or play by a Cubs player with a Damn, Fuck or Goddammit.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i predict this thread will get locked.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I believe they wear the hideous Camo jerseys every Sunday at home when they also let all of the military in town in for free and they wear their camo to the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Those are truly hideous.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Not true. You'll be Cubbiefanboiloosers next weekend, too. :D

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

So if the pathetic bullpen can hold a two run lead for 2 innings (a 50-50 proposition at best) the dogshit Mets will be only 3 1/2 games behind the Phaltering Phils.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

"Some military background"? Uhh, yeah, I think you could say that. San Diego has a huge military presence.

Put it this way: The Padres are the only team in professional sports with a dedicated military marketing department.

As for the camo uniforms (which are, indeed, hideous), the Padres began wearing them in 2000 during Sunday home games. They also bring in a USMC recruit platoon from Camp Pendleton to watch the game for free.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

KC with a five-run outburst to tie the Giants in the sixth, 10-10..I'd love to see it. They're wearing Monarchs unis today.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I get more enjoyment out of the Sunday night broadcast than this TBS production.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.