1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 NFL Week 1 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 31, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

I was wondering how you could have a tropical strom in a landlocked state.

Of course, the same could be said of the Jets at Miami on Sunday. and virtually any other game on the East Coast. Storms expected all over the place.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I guess Jets-Dolphins, Chiefs-Pats and every other non-dome East Coast Sunday game is going to be played in the rain.

Dolphins-Jets in the rain. Somewhere, Joe Walton and Richard Todd take turns punching walls. And A.J. Duhe smiles.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

There won't be any TS/hurricane weather for that Jets game.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I get to watch the Chiefs-Pats beatdown with my brother-in-law, a massive Patriots fan. For some reason, I think it might not be such a good idea.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

This might deserve it's own thread, but hell, even I'll say it. Only in Detroit.

New Lion Rudi Johnson accuses recently released Tatum Bell of stealing his bags, money and underwear from the locker room.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080903/BLOG21/80903043/1048/SPORTS

6. pallister

pallister Guest

That was already discussed on page 2 of this thread, genius.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Fuck. If anyone was going to tell me I d_b'd, I'm glad it's you.

Besides, that link was a blog. I brought credibility to the matter.

8. joe

joe Active Member

Says here my Chiefs are gonna suck. Hard and long.

I'm open to adopting a team on a temporary basis, as a second rooting interest, so the season doesn't just totally blow. I'll hang up the phone now and listen to your answers. Oh, one caveat: No AFC West teams, please.

Thank you. Drive thru.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

My fallback team when the Bears suck is San Diego, but the Chargers don't qualify. How about the Jaguars? They're pretty good and none of their top players seem to be egomaniacal jackasses.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I'm in the same boat. For some reason, I've started really paying attention to New Orleans. And because of my wife, I watch probably way too much Dallas.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

How about Green Bay? You probably can't adopt another AFC team, just wouldn't seem right even if it wasn't in the West. And with GB, you have the fun of having no clue what to expect. Was last year a fluke? What will the Aaron Rodgers era bring?
    Endless possibilites.
    And no one can call you a front runner because, well, this season could range anywhere from really good to really bad.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is OK, FDP will start a thread on it shortly.

Draft saved Draft deleted