1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 NFL Week 1 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 31, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I hear that the Jets are starting some guy named Fah-ruh next Sunday in Miami.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This Jones guy the Cowboys picked up, where have I heard his name before?

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What the hell is Brett Favre doing here?

I'm in town to play the Dolphins, you dumb ass.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

checkmate. I am in the know about this situation. Again, it's important from the standpoint that someone has been injured. It pales when compared to who posted it on the site or who is trying to go one upsman on another poster. I agree with Write-brained. Let's just stick to the topic.
    As for the labor day portion of his post, I think he may be a day late, but I think I understand what he's written.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

No love for John David Booty?

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Methinks the Chiefs lose by 26 points against New England. Line is 16.5 (o/u at 48).
    I don't think the odds makers know just how shitty the Chiefs D (and offense) really is.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Not sure that Booty can step in and take the Vikes to the Super Bowl.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I cannot wait until I am surrounded in all of football's glory with wings on the table and beer in the glass on Sunday. It will be glorious! Especially if the Cowboys win! :D

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Stallworth is in Cleveland now, no?

10. Damn, you're right. Forgot all about that. Four teams in four years. Wish the Eagles would have kept him. OK, probably not.

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Stallworth to the Browns is old news !

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Ha!

Go Seahawks. I wonder if they will actually have a running game this year, now that the corpse of Shaun Alexander has left town.

I'm a little concerned with Hasselcrap not playing throughout the preseason, but hopefully he will warm right up.

Draft saved Draft deleted