1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 NASCAR running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I guess that explains the otherwise unexplained tears from my wife tonight...

"He'll get a ride, won't he?!" she exclaimed. Apparently he's handsome.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He's relatively attractive. Not my type, but I can certainly see where women with normal taste in men would like him.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

That is one of the more profound self-slams I've ever seen on this site. :D

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hey, not everybody likes underweight guys with too many tats and track marks.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Elliott Sadler is a good guy and an attractive young man. I'm sure he never lacked for company.
    I do wonder about his driving ability.

6. He's seems like a good guy - like his Subway commercials - but I'm not sure he's qualified to park cars at Ham's Bar-B-Q in Martinsville.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He's not one of the more talented drivers, no, but he busts his ass for sponsors, he's relatable and people like him. As NASCAR needs every sponsor it can get, he'll get a ride somewhere...if there's a car.

Good guy. I don't find him remotely attractive, but I knew (and saw) plenty of women who did. Unofficial guesses had Sadler getting more action than anyone in the Cup garage back in his swinging bachelor days. Yep, more than Junior.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Earnhardt-Ganassi 41 car (Target sponsorship) maybe. Of course, if Penske suddenly has an opening in one of its open-wheel seats due to Castroneves' legal problems, I could see Hornish leaving the 77 and Sadler stepping in there.

He's not half-bad looking, and with his personality he probably had no problem finding pit lizards girlfriends. He probably doesn't have the defensive mechanisms a guy like Dale Jr. has been forced to build up.

I believe Sadler signed a two-year extension last spring, so I assume he'll walk away with a nice parachute. Isn't Gillett heavily leveraged these days (GEM, Canadiens, Liverpool of the Premier League)? And didn't that sink the proposed Bill Davis Racing-GEM merger?

Also ... does this mean that the GEM-Petty merger's in trouble? Seems like if that had gone through, A.J. would have slotted into the open seat in the 43 and Sadler would have kept the 19.

9. lono

lono Active Member

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    And yes.

10. ]

I always heard Tony was the man on the circuit when it came to women.
    I read an interview, I think, where his parents were worried about his dick falling off. He came off sounding like he was either driving or shagging always.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Outing alert: lono is Meg Ryan. :D

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, honey, at that level they're ALL getting way more ass than they deserve. Tony Stewart is the best example of why I loathe women at that level...he's condescending, hairy and unattractive. The fact he can pull any chick he wants in any city they go to tells me that women in general make REALLY bad choices.

Draft saved Draft deleted