1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 NASCAR running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 7, 2008.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Thank the good Lord. Kuselias was horrible and that's me being nice. I personally liked Bestwick in the booth back in the day. Rusty, well he was just bad. If Jarrett is anything like his old man it will be a huge upgrade.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

There's a lot more of "that cleeeeeean air" for Rusty to breathe in the studio.

3. lono

lono Active Member

This rumor came up last October. Here's what the WWL had to say then, per Jayski:

Rusty Wallace rumors untrue: there were some rumors floating around on Wednesday that ESPN/ABC would replace Rusty Wallace as it's analyst of the Busch and Nextel Cup Series races [to be Nationwide and Sprint Cup in 2008] for the 2008 season. All ESPN and Walalce sources have told me this is NOT TRUE and Wallace will return in 2008. From ESPN: "Rusty Wallace is our guy. We have a long-term contract with him. He's the voice of NASCAR on ESPN." NORBY WILLIAMSON - ESPN Executive Vice President, Studio and Remote Production.(10-17-2007)

Muwahahaha ...

And did you hear that Steven Wallace just totaled another of Dad's cars? He hit a pole in the garage.

4. KG

KG Active Member

Applause needed.

5. nascardeacon

nascardeacon New Member

Not really. Steven is just the Nationwide Tour's replacement for Kerry "I'll cause a caution" Earnhardt

Sorry, couldn't resist.

But seriously. I just can't see how much longer dad can operate like that. Hell JR Motorsports' Shane Huffman had a handful of top 10s in his starts, but was still fired less than a year in because of the carnage - and it wasn't all his fault. Steven's? well that's up for discussion.

As for adding Jarrett, if he can avoid his earlier "Ernie Irvan" "ummmmm" woes, then I think he will be a big boost to the booth.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Seriously asking (and not making fun) because I don't know:

Did Irvan have the "ummmmm woes" before the accident or was it an aftereffect?

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

So the gossip is that since Junior left DEI, they've taken down every-fucking-thing that ever indicated Junior even worked there. Siegel claims all the Junior stuff was taken down to make room for the media luncheon.

Yes, Junior's pissed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-earnhardt-dei&prov=ap&type=lgns

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Which is odd, because Siegel was asked about it AT the media luncheon and gave no such explanation.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I get how Junior is pissed about leaving DEI, but he really needs to focus on driving and kicking ass at Hendrick. He sounds like a spoiled brat in this instance.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Not at all, wicked. He said he didn't care for himself. He's pissed the other guys, that still work there, aren't getting any recognition.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Cry me a river. That's bullshit. If they want to honor the team members, so be it. There are other ways of doing so other than shrines to Junior.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It's not shrines, wicked. There's NO MENTION of any of his team's accomplishments, at least not that we saw and not in the areas accessible by the public.

Just saying "This team won the Busch Series twice" or something. You don't even have to mention Junior.

Draft saved Draft deleted