1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 - My Short List

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As we move into election year I've put together a short list of canidates that I will give a serious look. Obvioulsy the primaries could change things. So far :

1 Mitt Romney
    2 John McCain
    3 Barack Obama
    4 Joe Biden

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'm with you on 2 and 3. I think 1 holds his political convictions too lightly, and has abandoned positions on important issues just to satisfy the focus groups. And as much as the new and improved #4 is more fun to listen to, he's likely the same smooth, corporate stooge he's been since he got to Washington.

Bonus question: What if it turns out Kucinich is the only one who isn't crazy?

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

kuchinch will get my new hampshire primary vote!

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If Kuccinich is the only non-crazy one I'm moving to the Caymans. Fuck.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Save me a seat...

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

should have bailed seven years ago...

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'll take Kuccinich over Hillary any day. What I am having a hard time imagining is seeing either one of them in the hall of presidents at Disney. I do not think enough people are focuising on how bad it would look to have Hillary up there with all those great leaders.

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I'll reiterate: I wouldn't vote for McCain for local dogcatcher.

The stupid bastard makes proclamations without even looking at facts (UFC).

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Not a McCain fan at all, but smart move by getting Schilling on board for rallies and commercials. It's definitely helping his cause in New Hampshire; some idiots will vote for the guy only because Curt is endorsing him.

10. McCain may be the sane one by default by the middle of March.
    But I still think too many people he needs hate him too much.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm voting for Kucinich. Where I live, it doesn't matter anyway, and he most closely aligns with what I want and believe in. I still think he's batshit crazy, but maybe I am too.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Just maybe?

Since I'm technically an undeclared partisan, I won't get to vote in the primary here. If I could, I'd vote for Obama.

Though at the state and county level, it'd be straight GOP all the way down the line to dog catcher and sewage inspector.

Draft saved Draft deleted