1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Hockey Hall of Fame inductions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hank_Scorpio, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Two very solid choices for the HOF. Congrats to both.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Larionov for his Soviet career, mostly, I would guess. And Glenn Anderson was a product of Gretzky. Doesn't belong.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Anderson rarely played with Gretzky and scored 93 goals in the post season he definitely belongs.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

There were few players ever as good as Anderson going hard to the net off his wrong wing.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Agree that Larionov and Anderson belong.

Good to see Scampinello get in too. One of the best linesman ever, probably.

8. dooley_womack1

Career was lackluster after he left the Oilers. And all the postseasons with the Oilers, and surely being on a lotta power plays with Gretzky, he better have had a big postseason goal total. And being on the same team with Gretzky in his prime, the other team would get worn out quickly, so you'd benefit, even if not on the same line.

Be like putting Ken Griffey in baseball's Hall because he was on the Big Red Machine.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Griffey's stats aren't hall worthy, Andersons are.

The last thing I ever thought I would do was defend Anderson, I couldn't stand him when he was playing but you can't punish him for palying on good teams. He also won Canada cups as well.

10. dooley_womack1

As about the fifth- or sixth-best player at best. Blair McDonald would have that Hall spot had he not gotten traded early in his career.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That is a bit of a stretch but I do love anytime BJ McDonald can be brought into the conversation. Anderson was always huge in the playoffs. I would agree he was the 5th or 6th best player on the Oilers but look who was ahead of him, all hall of famers.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Anderson benefited A LOT from being on those teams. No way he should be in before Ciccarelli -- 73 goals in 141 career playoff games.

Draft saved Draft deleted