1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Heisman Trophy thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 10, 2008.

?

Of the finalists, which one does SJ.com--and there are Heisman voters on the board--wins College Foo

1. Colt McCoy

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Sam Bradford

24 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Tim Tebow

21 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bullshit.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I think Tebow's performance in the SEC Championship Game will put him over the top.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think Bradford is the best actual QB of the three. People love them some Tim Tebow, though, and he has a knack for smiling and saying the right things. He'll make a hell of an NFL fullback, won't he?

EDIT: By the way, I should have said... I believe Bradford is going to win it. McCoy had just as good a year, but Oklahoma peaked at the right time.

4. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Tebow wins if Bradford and McCoy split the vote from Big 12 country. Tebow wil have support from the SEC contingent, and the rest of the country will probably be split.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I don't get a vote – two guys in my office do – but I cannot imagine anyone but Tebow winning.

He has basically willed that team into the national title game. I used to think that sort of talk was nonsense, but that's what happened in this case.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I would vote for McCoy because he had the fewest weapons around him and was the most consistent. He won't win because his spotlight games were much earlier in the season. It will go Bradford, Tebow, McCoy.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Slappy, are you saying Woodson was a better player than Manning that year?

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

McCoy. He didn't have the weapons Tebow and Bradford enjoyed, and he led the Longhorns in rushing this season. He did it all.

9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I may be incorrect, so someone do point out if I'm wrong, but I believe only those three were invited to the ceremony because the ballots have been counted and they were the top vote-getters.

10. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

McCoy didn't will Texas to wins as much as Tebow did Florida?

The rushing statistics are a wash.

The passing statistics go to McCoy.

And McCoy had a heck of a lot less around him.

ON EDIT: And why do I have the feeling that if a Texas freshman safety can hold on to a tipped pass that hits him in the hands, this isn't even a discussion?

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd vote for McCoy, but it'd be hard for me to argue against Bradford or Tebow. I like McCoy because he was the shit at QB and also the team's best running back. He completed just about every pass he threw and he was on the field watching when his team lost the game against Texas Tech; McCoy did his part that game, so I don't pin the loss on him.

And this, for what it's worth.....gotta love someone for voting Rashad Johnson third in the Heisman. Hell, why not put JPW up there?

http://stiffarmtrophy.com/

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Please. Anyone but Dudley Do-Right...

Draft saved Draft deleted