1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Final Four fast-breaking thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2008.

1. UNC-Memphis, UNC wins.
    Every game I think UCLA is totally fucked and then they end up winning. Plus, I thought Memphis was overrated all year but this win against Texas has convinced me they are a really good team.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

UNC-Memphis would be an entertaining game.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'm long gone in all my pools, so my order of preference would be either Memphis or UCLA. But I won't lose any sleep over the outcome of any game.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm too lazy to read through the entire running threads on the weekend, but does anyone else think Memphis reminds them of those early 90s UNLV teams? Weak conference, but they beat the shit out of everyone. Just like UNLV, Memphis just kind of looks like an NBA team. They've been fun to watch.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Exactly. If it said Indiana on the front of those red unis yesterday no one would have been talking about how Kansas barely beat some lowly team. Davidson had already shown it was a legit team. The fact that they gave Kansas all they could handle shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So they're going to cornhole an ACC school in the championship game? I'd be ok with that.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Memphis is this year's Rumpelstiltzkin story

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/memphis_players_have_long

Draft saved Draft deleted