1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Fantasy Baseball

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Michael Echan, Feb 4, 2008.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I agree. You're giving up way too much. Don't go through with it. Victor wasn't exactly having a stellar season, too.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Definitely don't do that.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Well, I think it's safe to say that my desire to get rid of Xavier Nady is no more.

Last seven days: 3 HR, 10 RBI, .526 BA, .517 OBP and 1.1579 SLG%

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, no...absolutely no.

I like Aviles, but Sanchez has been horrible of late and Rodney stinks. I don't trust Victor Martinez at all for this season. He hasn't been right since day one.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I think you're actually giving up the three best players in the deal.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Horrible trade. Don't do it.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Agreed with the others. Don't do it.

Kazmir is a top-tier starter; Jenks a reliable closer for a team that wins a lot of games. Tejada is steady.

Aviles has been spectacular of late, but who knows how long he keeps it up? Vic is an unknown; Rodney will lose that job soon and Sanchez has faded. There's no upside to this deal for you.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

OK, so my playoffs in a head to head league are starting this week and I have a problem - Carlos Zambrano.

Here is my rotation:

Volquez
    Sheets
    Oswalt
    Wolf
    Zambrano

I'm wary to start Zambrano because he might not pitch.

On my bench I have:
    Sanchez, Giants
    Gorzellany
    Maholm
    Zito

I'm honestly leaning toward Zito because he has two starts, but then again I might be nuts.

9. outofplace

What are your league's pitching categories? If it is a normal 5X5, it's probably not worth the risk. If it is a league that counts both strikeouts and innings pitched, the number of starts you get becomes a larger priority.

I wouldn't trust Zito. He has been better of late than he was early in the season, but he still isn't very good. Three of his last six starts have been stinkers. Maholm is a safter choice than Zito or Zambrano for this week.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It's not categories it's: +1.5 point per IP, +1 for K, +10 for win, -1 for BB, -1 for ER, -1 for HBP and -5 for loss.

11. outofplace

That's what I meant. Since innings and strikeouts both count, it might be worth the risk, but it's a really big risk. I would still probably take the safe route with Maholm, but Zito's match-ups are pretty favorable (Diamondbacks and Padres), so it wouldn't be outlandish to take the gamble.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Great. Lost Quentin for the rest of the year. There goes my power bat.

Draft saved Draft deleted