1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008/09 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

This will be Schneider's ninth NHL stop - Montreal, Islanders, Toronto, Rangers, LA, Detroit, Anaheim, Atlanta, Montreal.

He still has a way to go to catch Mike Sillinger, who has played for a record 12 different NHL teams and counting.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Blame it on Satan.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If you want to see why Brampton's Matt Duchene is ranked as high as # 3 in this year's NHL draft, check out these two goals from yesterday's Brampton game against Mississauga. First one (shorthanded) at around 2:20 on the clip. Battalion is in white

World class talent. Perhaps the most skilled guy in the Ontario Hockey League.

HC & I were sitting at the game with Mrs. Huggy and Huggy Jr who was sporting his Cody Hodsgson jersey as well as his Battalion jacket, a gift for his recent ninth birthday.

Huggy was working the game but they graciously invited HC & I back to their place for a few beers and dinner.

Great evening. Lots of laughs and as always, some great stories from Huggy.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Holy Shit!

Canadiens tell Kovalev to go home for three days -- he won't play in Washington or Pittsburgh.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Whoa.

Two years ago, Kovalev and Carbonneau butted heads over the former's role and lack of production. He obviously has not produced this year like he did in 2007-08.

Does this mean that the Habs are thinking about trading him?

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

wow....Kovalev isn't hurt, he's just being told to stay away from the team? I'm loving this.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The Hurricanes are honoring Glen Wesley by retiring his No. 2 prior to tonight's game against the Boston Bruins.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Highly appropriate. There wasn't more steady, classy or solid guy in that locker room over the years.

Hopefully, Ron Francis will have more company.

EDIT: Nice touches throughout the ESA. Wes' number in the corners of the boards, on sweaters on both chests and corner of shoulders.

9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I can't believe he's been in the league for 22 years. Seems like yesterday I was cheering for him from the nosebleeds at the Mall.

Boy, did Derek Sanderson look old.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Could somebody please change the sheets at Air Canada Centre? The Maple Weeps have shit the bed in the first 18 minutes and currently trail Buffalo 3-0.

EDIT: Wait a minute ... might have hit 4-0 before I originally hit post.
    2ndADD: Fourth goal waved off because the review guy said the Buffalo player used a direct motion when the puck hit his arm to score the goal.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Funny scene in Raleigh: Matching roughing minors between 5-foot-10 Chad LaRose and 6-9 Chara.

Unintentional comedy at its best.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Chara for Norris Trophy.

Draft saved Draft deleted