1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008-09 Hot Stove Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Except at that point, it is the Yankees entering fantasy land. Cano did some real damage to his value in '08. I'm sure the Angels think they are better off hoping Howie Kendrick can finally stay healthy.

Hey, Rich Harden and Kerry Wood both played more often than they sat on the DL last season, so anything is possible.

2. I wasn't serious about the 27-year old Cano for 35-year old Matthews Jr trade.

Just throwing out bait for the Yankees apologists on the board.

Now how about Ian Kennedy for Wily Mo Pena? That's a deal that helps both clubs.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

No thanks, Yanks have enough CFs who can't hit, at least the other 2 can field. Are you planning on using this thread as a Red Sox fantasy board for long? Tampa needs a bat, Shields for Brian Giles with Price replacing him in the rotation?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe I need some sleep. I'm not sure if you are kidding about that or not. If you aren't, you should be.

5. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Agreed, oop. That has to be a joke.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Uh, Wily Mo hasn't been a CFer in about four years, and even then, it wasn't every game.

7. But he's coming into camp in the best shape of his life!

Word!

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

OK, but the Yanks have too many corners, only reason to get him (and there is none) is for CF.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wily Mo seems like a very good feller.
    He's a brutal outfielder but that's OK because he makes up for it by striking out a lot or grounding into double plays.
    I really, really, really wish he was good, hell, great.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

And he's still got the most raw power in the league!!!

11. OK - that Wily Mo proposed trade was another little joke.

You guys are watching too much Steve Phillips on ESPN to be taking this shit seriously.

Really - Wily Mo for Ian Kennedy? Why not trade Wily Mo back to the Red Sox for Clay Buchholz?

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

The hell with that. We already dealt with his bullshit. He couldn't bat his way out of a wet paper bag. When he did connect though, boy, oh boy, did he ever connect. I remember watching him hit a home run into the Green Monster and some fan nearly got his head taken clean off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.