1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007: The Year Without An Autumn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Oct 7, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

80+ the last few days in NJ .. 80s with thunderstorms predicted for the next few days.
    I think it's still July.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

A little bit west, but the way the temperature is dropping, I would think it is.

3. BRoth

BRoth Member

It's been in the 70s and 80s until today for me. This week the forecast says its going back to a normal fall ... 50s and 60s with clouds all day. Woo hoo!

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

Just saw this: http://sports.yahoo.com/sa/news?slug=ap-chicagomarathon-runnerdies&prov=ap&type=lgns

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Yup, they were calling for scorching temps in Chicago, which is not good for marathon runners. They also had the water poorly place and not enough of it for the runners. Chicago has gone downhill in the past few years.

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Finally, it's starting to cool off in this corner of the world. A week and a half ago we had a 90-degree day and the high temperatures hadn't dipped below 70.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Ridiculously warm here as well, though compared to where I was not long ago, it's usually quite comfy.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

It finally cooled down into the low 60's during the days here and feels like Fall tonight. The warm weather this late where I am was starting to bother me.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sheesh, most people would just call this Indian Summer.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Umm, it was snowing yesterday.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Damn. I miss snow.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Was in Toledo yesterday. It was 92. I was soaked running back and forth from the press box and the field. Gross. Who figured not having great AC in the press box would be an issue in October.

Draft saved Draft deleted