1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007: The Year Without An Autumn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I got up this morning and looked at the outside thermometer, and it was 79º at about 7:30 a.m.

The high here on Friday was 96º. Saturday it was rainy all day, but the temperature was right around 80º all day with 100 percent humidity. Fucking miserable. The lows haven't gotten out of the 70s yet. It's like it's still August.

And it's not just in Texas. I talked to someone in Illinois and it's the same there.

I've been ready for fall to get here for the last 5 weeks. But every time the weather person says a big cold front is on the way, it either fizzles out before it gets here or it just knocks the humidity down for a day and the wind switches right back to the southeast.

My air conditioner is crying uncle.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

no shit. damn al gore inventing global warming...

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hondo says everything is fine.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Feels fine here in SoCal. 85 and sunny, same as usual. :)

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Took The Queen to a very nice wine festival today. It was about 800 degrees. Well, over 90 anyway.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Allegedly it was going to be a high of 75 today, instead it is in the 90s. We have been cooling down to the high 60s over night, though.

7. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Yeah, it's gross out. 90 degrees is tolerable in August. Not so in October.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

It's nice and 45 degrees where I am right now. The leaves are turning and the chill is in the air.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

It has been hovering around one or two degrees above freezing around here, once the sun goes down. We are in autumn full force. Hope to get out to a park on the Bow some time in the next week. It is positively picturesque with fall colours.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Where are you? Greenland?

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

93 here today. October heat isn't unprecedented, and last month was actually pretty temperate, maybe even a touch cooler than normal. At least we're probably out of the woods hurricane-wise (on the East Coast north of say Daytona, at least; waters in the Gulf and off S. Fla. are still warm enough).

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

All of this means snow and 30s in April. Just in time for Cleveland Indians baseball.

Draft saved Draft deleted