1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 NFL uniforms thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

The Lions' jerseys and helmets (and team for that matter) have looked like shit since they incorporated the black into them. Go back to the original Honolulu blue and silver.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm guessing that choice of unis was just a way to say "fuck you" to Houston, since that combination resembles the Oilers more than any of the navy blue gear.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What are Jacksonville's colors? They've been around since '95 and other than some sort of greenish-teal, I couldn't tell you. Black? Gold-ish? Brown from the jaguar logo itself? I don't know.

I'm not a huge fan of color changes for teams, but the Jags need an identity ASAP.

And another endorsement of the Browns' orange pants. Love 'em.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The team can call it Panthers Blue all it wants ... but it's Electric Blue, not as passive or classic a color as (the University of North) Carolina Blue. It's fine as a trim color, but every time someone has them wear those stupid Smurf jerseys, I'm always trying to figure out where Gargamel and Azrael are lurking.

The black looks great, the white unis are more than acceptable, just stay the hell away from those dumb Smurf jerseys.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The Vikings purple pants are horrible looking, IMHO.

Love the Giants red jerseys, though.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Colts unis are fine, but I don't like the font on COLTS. Works in the Southwest. More hokey than the top of PETA's hit list in Indy.

7. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Texans uniforms are Ok, but the "Battle Red" jersey is classy as hell. You really do get fired up when they wear it. Problem is, they only do it twice a season. By NFL rules, they can change their basic color after five years. This was year six and they chose not to change from the basic blue. Bad decision. (And bring back the Astros Ourange Crush, dammit!)

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Best line I saw when the redesign was unveiled: "What, did someone let Matt Millen's five-year old play with a Magic Marker?"

Still not at the level of Buffalo's fancy new navy, red, royal, and nickel duds, though. And as a certified jersey-wearing Bills fangeek, I do mean DUDS. A lot of people I know won't buy anything but the throwbacks:
    [​IMG]

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I die a little inside every time I think of how the Broncos used to look, compared to how they look now.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Even this Dolphins fan has to admit those throwbacks are pretty damn sweet.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Those are nice.

My vote:
    Home Jersey: Baby blue jersey, Baby blue pants
    Away: White Jersey, Baby blue pants

What do you guys think of the new Chargers jerseys?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Even though they didn't go back to the power blues completely, I love the new Chargers duds.

Although I prefer the original powder blues compared to the new powder blues.

Draft saved Draft deleted