1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 New Year's resolutions, MLB style

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lisa_simpson, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That would make sense.
    I like Yahoo! mainly because the name of the site has an "!" at the end like my handle. I also agree I go to Yahoo! much more often than ESPN now for a variety of reasons from easy loading of the site to free content to better writers.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You apparently have missed the other 500 or so posts he has made on this site, not necessarily the one being referenced.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

He has made some dumb posts, Angola, but lately he seems to be calming down some with what he says on the board. For these reasons I will honor his name and no longer call him idiotsnetwork.

4. Oh, I've seen plenty of his posts that would rightly elicit being called a dumbass.

This one, however, did not. So I don't blame him for sticking up for himself.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who informed you?
    Sure as hell wasn't me.
    No rule here that you have to be a journalist. I try to be welcoming to everyone and offensive to everyone, too. I'm an equal opportunity asshole.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Personally that is my favorite kind of asshole, though you are slightly different because you are a Nats fan.

7. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Good to know, seeing as I'm the one who started this thread in the first place and I haven't been in the biz in nearly three years.

Trying to get this thread back on track .... who did Passan forget that needs a resolution for 2007? I know the talented people on this board can come up with some good ones!

8. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Passan seems to be making himself a bit of a tweener between a national reporter and a national columnist. Burning bridges for the sake of humor is all well and good until a significant story compels you to talk to someone you've ripped.

Then again, maybe he's counting on the fact that most of the people he's ripping wouldn't recognize him anyway or don't read that much internet content.

Draft saved Draft deleted