1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 Heisman Trophy winner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 5, 2007.

?

Of the four players listed, who wins the Heisman?

1. Arkanasas junior running back Darren McFadden: 304 rushes; 1,725 rushing yds; 20 total TDs (15 rushi

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. Florida sophmore quarterback Tim Tebow: 217-317; 3,132 passing yards; 51 total TDs (29 passing, 22 r

27 vote(s)
    49.1%
  3. Hawaii senior quarterback Colt Brennan: 337-472; 4,174 passing yards; 46 total TDs (38 passing, eigh

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Missouri junior quarterback Chase Daniel: 372-534; 4,170 passing yards; 37 total TDs (33 passing, fo

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agreed. He ran for 217 yards and a TD against N.C. State, then 149 yards and two TDs against Texas, where they hung around late. So it's not like he did all this against inferior opponents, he ran well against the BCS-conference opponents they did play, then rolled through everyone else.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

For evidence of what the Hogs are like without Felix Jones, see that 34-13 loss in Knoxville.

I LOVE McFadden, and I think he's the most outstanding player in the country, but Tebow is one of the best quarterbacks and running backs in the SEC, and we all saw against Georgia what the Gators are like without a full-speed Tebow.

3. The fact that Tebow can do a play-action fake to himself - and make the entire defense bite - was entirely impressive to me. And then he nailed the throw down the middle.

I can't remember which game it was, might have been LSU.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

They've run that play way more than once. Don't know what specific one he's talking about, but I know I've seen it done a few times by Tebow. Always a fun play to watch.

5. Saw it this year. He dropped into the pocket, lowered his shoulder like he was going to run, and the dropped back more before hitting the receiver in stride down the middle of the field. The safety didn't get there in time because he bit on the fake.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

mcfadden.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Tebow is a living, breathing cinch . . . sophomore, or not.

CINCH.

8. It was.

McFadden did one of those two, although the throw wasn't as perfect. It was a touchdown too.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think this will come down to second-place votes between McFadden and Tebow. It might be one of those years where the guy with the most first-place votes finishes second.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

McFadden over Tebow. The anti-sophomore vote won't be as strong as in the past, but it'll be just strong enough.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

t-bo

Draft saved Draft deleted