1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 Heisman Trophy winner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 5, 2007.

?

Of the four players listed, who wins the Heisman?

1. Arkanasas junior running back Darren McFadden: 304 rushes; 1,725 rushing yds; 20 total TDs (15 rushi

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. Florida sophmore quarterback Tim Tebow: 217-317; 3,132 passing yards; 51 total TDs (29 passing, 22 r

27 vote(s)
    49.1%
  3. Hawaii senior quarterback Colt Brennan: 337-472; 4,174 passing yards; 46 total TDs (38 passing, eigh

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Missouri junior quarterback Chase Daniel: 372-534; 4,170 passing yards; 37 total TDs (33 passing, fo

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

First of all, every QB is a system QB. Coach comes in, decides his offense, gets a QB to fit it.

Second, are some of your trying to tell me that if Tim Tebow wanted to play at Hawaii, June Jones would have turned him down? Tebow can do just fine in a run and shoot ... or Myer's offense ... or a pro-style.

Don't believe me? Fine. Time will tell.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

TIM TEBOW CAN'T THROW!

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Who said that?

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I was just repeating one of my posts from an earlier Tebow discussion about his pro prospects because I knew it would be fuel on the fire for certain Gators fans. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

5. Yeah, but he's versa-TILE!

[​IMG]

6. Just looking at those numbers, I'd put Daniel over Brennan based on the level of competition they faced. Still, they're three and four to Tebow and McFadden.

Tebow better hope he doesn't win it if he wants some type of career in the NFL.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

1. Tebow
    2. McFadden
    3. Daniel

8. Hackwilson191

Hackwilson191 Member

1. Tebow

- All rushing TDs mostly come from 5 yards and in, half of McFadden's do as well. Tebow now has the SEC record for rushing TDs. Whether you think Urban Meyer was padding his stats or not, this is a heck of an accomplishment. The argument against him is just an excuse not to vote for the guy because you a) are sick of hearing his hype or b) don't like Florida. The Gators had to use him in those situations, they have no FB and their RB, Moore kept on fumbling in key moments. Tebow had 0 fumbles on the year.
    -Tebow can throw. He is second in the nation is passing efficiency. People loved to use this stat when trying to hype Vince Young for the Heisman over Bush, but now want to discredit it when its Tebow.
    - Tebow would be golden in Hawaii's offense. Why? He ran the run n' shoot at Nease. He did pretty well with it there. Also everyone does well in Hawaii's offense as a QB. Example? How many records does Timmy Chang hold?

2. Darren McFadden
    - Most talented RB in the country and Arkansas is a different team without him. For evidence see last year's game vs USC.

3. Kevin Smith
    - Most yards since Barry Sanders. Why is he not going to the Club???? They should have invited five. The fact he is not listed is a travesty. Steve McNair was given his credit even though he came from Alcorn State. Smith deserves more recognition.

9. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Will be interesting to see how the south votes.

If the south splits the vote between McFadden/Tebow....what are the chances that Daniel sneaks in there?

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Somewhere between Nil and Zero.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Daniel's last impression is the strongest impression for Heisman voters.

Not. A. Chance.

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Probably Tebow, but I pray to the football gods it will be McFadden, who I think is the better football player. His upcoming NFL career will bear that out.

Draft saved Draft deleted