1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 Brady vs. 2011 Rodgers: Who's better?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Dec 1, 2011.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

No worries Pats fanboi. :D :D :D

I'm not asking the winning team to quit. And there's a difference between running it up and playing it out. I thought the Patriots leaving Brady in the game two weeks ago and passing in the final two minutes when KC was out of time outs was running it up. Matt Flynn passing a few times a week earlier isn't running it up b/c he's not a guy who gets to see the light of day very often.

Again, I'm not offended, I just don't think it's right (a thin line, to be sure). That shit has a way of evening itself out. In 2007-08, it did so in the form of the luckiest catch in NFL history.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Once we settle on that, the rest is just noise.

But ... if Rodgers completes the task of winning the Super Bowl -- even if they lose a regular-season game down the stretch here -- then the nod has to go to Rodgers.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If they go 16-0 I think it will be one of the greatest two-season runs ever. Yes, they were only 10-6 last year before sweeping the playoffs. But one of the amazing statistics from last season is the fact that they never trailed by more than seven in a game. (They've actually trailed by 13 at Carolina and 14 at Atlanta this year.) Then add in the injuries they had, too. A 19-0 this season would also mean a 25-game winning streak. To do that in today's NFL would have to put you in the talk of best all-time two-year runs.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone know the one team that HAS beaten Green Bay this year?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Browns. Preseason Week 1.

And they needed a miraculous comeback in the final two 2 minutes to beat the Colts.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Rodgers has had a QBR of 100 or more every game this season (an NFL record). His arm plus his legs makes him damn near unstoppable. He just doesn't look human out there, and when I watch him I EXPECT him to do great things.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Seriously, what do you think this season is doing to Brett Favre? I mean besides fucking killing him.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You just know he's going to have something good coming up here in the next couple of weeks. Something like "I wish they had put a team around me like they had put around him."

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Super Bowl will not come and go without Favre taking a shot at Rodgers, whether the Packers go to the Super Bowl and win again or not.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hasn't he already done that? Said something along the lines of he was surprised it took Rodgers so long to have this type of season (paraphrasing).

I'm fairly sure he and Bus Cook are lying dead in the woods somewhere, assassinated by Ich Luge bullets and with two tall bottles of mineral water strewn nearby. Otherwise Favre would have crawled out of his grave to take snaps for the Bears.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm trying to think of other ones better than Roethlisberger's, but that one was pretty damn impressive.

The best thing Manning did on that drive was the escape on the pass to Tyree, which is funny because that is not something he does well at all. I'd say that drive is a solid No. 3 in Super Bowl history as far as quarterbacks go.

Draft saved Draft deleted