1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2006 SJ.COM AWARDS -- Nominations due by Christmas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

As for a list of (UPDATED) Canadians, I'll get it started.

I believe JR is Canadian, but I stand to be corrected.
    Flash.
    SoSueMe.
    Double J (well, he's half-Canadian, at least).
    I believe Ashy Larry is also half-Canadian.
    Huggy.
    HC.
    Maple Sugar.
    FriendoftheFriendless, aka YHS.
    the_rookie.
    Um, I am, too, although I'll leave the campaigning to Whitlock.
    ballscribe.
    Beef03.

And probably a bunch of others, including some obvious ones, that I'm forgetting.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

One foot in Niagara Falls and the other foot in ...

Niagara Falls?

P.S. If Whitlock campaigns this year, I'M campaigning this year.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the Canadians get their own award....are they not eligible for the rest of the categories?

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Wow, lots to respond to here.

In my mind, the heart is pure and the actions are necessary. But that's just me.

I'd vote for the boots thread for thread of the year. I also want to try to find the one about the al-Jazeera video that ended up with the K-Tel Islam song titles. I can't remember what they were, and I want to e-mail that list to someone.

Oh, and you suck, Ragu. You suck.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Stev Enash cannot possibly increase his/her/its level of stupidity.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, any of Bubbler's posts can go for Post of the Year; also DyePack's Islam pop song titles post was damned good, too.

I nominate Bubbler for Poster of the Year, and writing_irish for Newbie of the Year.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Did I miss something the last few days? Who the fuck is Steve Nash (aside from the folically challenged two-time MVP)?

8. Jones

Jones Active Member

I've always felt that, like those orange school-patrol belts or pity Valentines, they are an attempt to make the sad and lonely feel special.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The latest no-wit to attempt to fly another banner over the top of the COCKDIAN banner.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I believe ballscribe is also a Canadian.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I have to disagree that the troll of the year award will a.) inspire moron idiots to sign up and b.) will go to a newbie moron idiot.

Newbie moron idiots will always sign up, but fortunately, since they're newbie moron idiots, they find some other board to pollute in about a week. Well, except for deep_douchebag and indians_network.

Secondly, anyone who pays attention can see there's plenty of veteran trolls here who get off on getting a rise out of others. I know already whom I'm voting for and I guarantee this yeehaw has been around since the start of this version of SportsJournalists.com. Do not underestimate the veteran douchebags when making your troll vote.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Now, now, BYH. You know there's a good chance Fenian will know you're talking about him.

You really should be more discreet.

Draft saved Draft deleted